As i'm sure many of you know the lovely Very berry is holding a most splendid fabric giveaway over on her blog. It has loads of fab prizes for lots of very lovely people.
It you fancy a punt here is the link (although i really suggest you don't go as it gives me more chance of winning!!!).
The post is asking for our sewing resolutions for 2012.
I'll admit i hadn't thought about resolutions. Someone unscrewed my head at christmas and i can't find the key to tighten it up again (it probably been put somewhere safe!) Work has been alittle mental and i still haven't found homes for all the
tat christmas gifts the kids got!
So (or should i put sew!), I am now propted to think about my sewing plans for this year. Where do i want to go with it, do i stay with the familiar or try something new?
I don't always get too much time to sew so i don't want to make massive plans or resolutions but something would be good, motivating and prehaps even productive!
Thus - this year i will
- Create at least one item every week (unless there is a major crisis or i get to go on holiday, the chance of which would be a fine thing!)
- As i love making small dresses, i will make some and put them up for sale, i will not worry that they are not good enough, they seem to resist destruction by tiny!
- I will attempt to do a couple of more craft fairs this year, not just at christmas (this will give me some serious bum shifting motivation!)
I could say that i will use up my fabric stash and not get anything else till its used, but i always find i need something to help finish off so
- i will do my best to not buy excessive amounts
and, on a trying something new theme
- i will attempt to create a pattern for a dress for tiny using newspaper like my mum used to do
Thus this year you can look forward to seeing what i make every week, Point and laugh as i get in a total mess, see just mow much mess i can create and you never know you may get a tutorial!