Tuesday 11 September 2012

Christmas is coming.... Swap time

Well, i hate to say it but its on its way. I can't hear the jingle of bells yet but it not long till the shops have Slade on repeat and you can't escape the tinsel!

This must mean that its time for.........

SWAP NOW CLOSED - TILL NEXT YEAR

As a small children we all received stockings from Santa, filled with sweeties, things Santa thought we'd fine useful (socks, hair bobbles and notelets for thank you letters), the odd toy and of course a tangerine! I still get a stocking because my mum does them for everyone and although she might moan a little about it she loves doing it and we love getting them.
So, as i did last year, i thought I'd organise a swap so we can all have them
So to the swap 'rules'
It must include a stocking (bort or made)
and in this stocking you must put - 
A Christmas decoration
             purchased or handmade, we all like pretties!
Nibbles 
           nuts, chocolate? Santa always pops yummy treats in a stocking
Something useful 
          socks, fabric, ribbons, hair bobbles? read your partners blog and find out what they'd
          find useful
Smellies 
         or a representation of them. We always got bubble bath, I'm sure Santa thinks i stink!
Something to play with  
       fabric again, a small cuddly toy, air fix model!!!!!
and last but not least
the tangerine 
      or something that represents it

OK,
 sign up below. make sure i can contact you by email as I'll send you a tiny little questionnaire to help your swap partner (and thus you).  Closing date  - October 2nd (ish) plenty of time to get it sorted and sent out before the big day!

Do say if your happy to post internationally as I'd like to welcome anyone who would like to join in.

Do add the piccy and link to your sidebar and spread the word.
  







21 comments:

  1. I've never done a swap before but go for it, sign me up! Sounds like great fun :-)

    Happy to post within UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up too - I'm trying to avoid Christmas as it is still only September, but things keep conspiring against me today.

    I don't have a blog, which may make it difficult for my swap partner but questionnaire should take care of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ,count me in. It's time to get in Christmas mood :-)
    I would like to post within UK please,
    Aija xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll join in too!! Happy to post in UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes please! Feeling festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please, it sounds great fun. I don't have a blog either but the questionaire should take care of that as someone said. Surprises are wonderful. Happy to post in U.K.
    ks(dot)eyles(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. please sign me up would love to do this
    happy to post anywhere x
    rach-evans@sky.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in too please, would prefer UK, but will post internationally if you're stuck with an un-partnered 'foreigner'! ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Never done a swap before, but this sounds fun. Count me in! Happy to post within uk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi,
      can i get an email address to send the questionaire too pls. email me at address on my profile . x

      Delete
  10. I would like to take part. Am in the UK but happy to send within UK or abroad. Haven't taken part in a swap for yonks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to take part. Am in the UK and happy to post within UK and abroad. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am once again tempted but after last year's postal catastrophe I may just hold off :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to join in please this sounds like great fun!! I have a blog so you can contact me there or email me at:
    katiepeck-x@hotmail.com

    Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi
    Sounds like a fabulous idea, i'm not a blogger but i would really love to join in, happy to post in UK or overseas :o)

    lisawiggins60@hotmail.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh please sign me up too! I've never taken part in a sewn swap either, this looks like fun! Don't mind posting internationally, my OH is a Kiwi so I will no doubt be handing over a fortune to the PO at Christmas anyways :-)
    helen@purchas.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would love to join in! Would rather post in the UK :)
    mae_131@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please count me in :)
    U.K only please
    Sue Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes please, would love to join in. Would prefer to post to UK only.

    jenny{at}kearney.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please can I be included? I really enjoyed doing the one you organised last year!

    moonstruckcreations@hotmail.co.uk!

    Thanks!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes please would love to be part of your swap!!!!

    josie@fabricgodmother.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are alway welcome, i know they take you time, i appreciate each one because, the smile they bring is mine.